Friday, January 27, 2006

A hot bath

Did something last night I haven't done before (here). Took a bath.

The tub in my bathroom is one of those big, deep whirlpool baths and I've always been afraid I'd not be able to get out if I got in it...so, I've avoided it...just rinse the cat hair out every now and then.

I've worked over nine hours a day for the past three days and when I got in from work yesterday every muscle in my body ached. After doing Shirley, Goodness and Mercy chores and talking with Helen, I decided to get in the tub to see if I could soak some of the aches and pains out.

Put candles out, a glass of red wine, a book and the special wash cloth that rm knitted for me years ago...Moisturizing bubbles and a moisturizing face mask and I was set. Got in the tub, GLORIOUS! Then I realized I had forgotten a bar of soap. Got out and got one (lavender & oatmeal). AAHHHHHH!

Two cats on the edge of the tub and Shirley doing her jumping up and down thing trying to see just what was going on. What a hoot!

Thought about the whirlpool aspect, but I'm a scaredy cat when it comes to electricity and water...figured the worse thing that could happen would be electrocution and that should be quick...so I hit the button...oh heavenly bliss! However, it was a little noisy. The cats scattered and Shirley backed up into the bedroom where she could keep an eye on me but not be too close. Turned it off fairly quickly, but not before it whipped the bubbles into the highest mound of bubbles I've ever had in a bath!

Slept like a log!

Gotta run, work calls.

No comments: