Sunday, May 31, 2009

Sunshine!!!

The sun was out all day yesterday! Now, I'm not much of a sun person, but this was a welcomed event! Of course it was hot and quite muggy, but this dark side of the moon person loved every moment of it! The same weather is forecast for the next 3-4 days and then rain gradually slips back into the picture. Now, if I had my druthers, I'd request a good soaking every 3 days with sun in between. I have requested that numerous times, just evidently not getting the right ear.

Met with my sister around 7:30 yesterday morning. We went to our usual restaurant for breakfast. We both had turkey and avocado sandwiches that were to die for! They were so big that each of us took a half home!

After breakfast we went to see Mother. She was still in bed with a breakfast tray that was totally untouched and getting cold. With a little urging from us she ate quite a bit! So much so that the aide that came and took her tray commented on it! Since Mother wasn't up or dressed there wasn't much we could do with her, so we sang every song we could think of standing by her bed! When her roommate came in we got a little self conscious, but she urged us to continue, so we did. We ended up spending about an hour and a half singing. Everyone enjoyed it, but I think my sister and I enjoyed it the most! We'll have to come up with a few more songs for next time!

When we left I did my monthly main grocery shopping and got home around noon. Not bad.

Around 7 last night I was sitting on the front porch and the very old dog that lives across the road actually crossed the road and walked down my driveway a little bit and looked at me. We've never met, but always make eye contact and he watches me when I drive out. This was the first time I've seen him cross the road and it felt important. So, I dashed into the kitchen and got a bowl of water and a soft treat (don't know what shape his teeth are in), but by the time I got back out he was on his side of the road. He saw me come out and stopped and waited while I crossed over to him. I sat on the ground and gave him the treat which he really enjoyed. Then he let me rub his head. I wanted to rub his hips as they really seem to hurt him (he has to squat to pee and walks really, really slow), but he didn't want me to. The fur on his back is so dirty and sticky and almost matted and he smells really bad...I guess that's why they never seem to let him in the house anymore. When he finished our visit he drank quite a bit of water and continued his nightly stroll down the way. I'm not sure where he goes, but he does it every night.

Tonight I'm going to my friend Ann's house for hamburgers. Her sister is here for a visit. I haven't seen Kay for over 45 years and am surely looking forward to it!

No comments: