Friday, May 15, 2009

Rain, rain, rain!

We've had rain! Thank goodness!

Yesterday I came home from Garden Club with two crepe myrtles and an angle trumpet. As it was mighty hot and dry I just put them in the shade and took a nap. We had such an incredible luncheon. There were a gazillion salads, several different deviled eggs and desserts to die for! I tried my best to have some of each and when I finally got home a nap was my only option!

Around 4 o'clock I decided to go ahead and do my plantings. Got the 3 shrubs planted and 5 bags of cypress mulch spread out along with some weeding and then it started raining!!! Not just a sprinkle, but a downpour that lasted for about 40 minutes. Then it settled down and did a really nice rain all night! How perfect is that? The temperature dropped from 90 to the mid 70's and it actually felt cold! I turned the air conditioner off and opened both the front and back doors and watched Survivor with a lap robe, a dog and a couple of cats on me! More rain is in the forecast for the next few days!

The hay bales are coming along nicely! I have germination already from the squash.

My Uncle Buddy's Jeep dealership is one of the ones that Chrysler is closing. They've been in business for 40 or so years. He said that he's not sure what they'll do. Say a prayer for them and all the folks that have lost jobs. Times are hard and life so unpredictable!

Next month is the beginning of hurricane season. That sure seems to come around so quickly. Stock up, be prepared. Get batteries, food, water, etc. Don't get caught at the last minute needing to stock up, especially if you live on or near the coast (that includes everyone in Florida!). Remind your friends and neighbors and if you are able, help the folks that need it. You know, we're all in this boat together.

No comments: