Tuesday, May 12, 2009

The Heat

Yesterday we hit a new high for the date...95 degrees! I wore walking shorts to work!

Saturday I planted some of the hay bales. Just seeds...still want to get a few bedding plants. Put out 2 different types of squash, 2 different types of peppers and Roma tomato seeds. It'll be interesting to see what works!

Sunday when I got home from Tallahassee I was absolutely shocked when I walked into the house! Jazzy had been on a rampage. She tore up pillows, books, magazines, 2 decks of cards, a couple of ball point pens and some things that were in such small pieces that I'm not sure what they were! It was spread out through 3 rooms! I didn't try to salvage anything. Just scooped it all into a big black garbage bag and took it out to the trash can. So yesterday I left both dogs outside...hated to because of the heat, but just can't take this separation anxiety! I plan to just leave Jazz out today...Shirley's getting a little old for the heat.

Last night I got a phone call from Uncle Buddy. He was just touching base and wanted to tell me about his visit with Mother. It was a good conversation and it cleared the air a bit.

The TV weatherman just said we could possibly get rain today. We haven't had any this month. Cross your fingers!

No comments: