Friday, May 08, 2009

Heat and Electricity

Well, here it it! Summer! Our daytime temperatures have been in the high 80's and low 90's for the past few days and the nights aren't too cool either! Night before last I turned the air conditioner on for the first time...turned it on at 10pm and then off at 5am. Did the same thing last night. I can cope with the heat in the daytime, but sleeping is almost impossible at night. To compensate for the electricity that the air conditioner uses I'm not burning lights, even though they all have the compact florescent bulbs. When I must have light I'm using either candles or flashlights. I know that doesn't make up for but a smidgen of the electricity, but it's something!

Not doing Dinner with the Ladies tonight.

Sunday is Mother's Day. My sister and I will have breakfast and then go to the nursing home.

At 4:30 yesterday afternoon Bert called. He wanted to let me know that there was a Mother's Day cookout at the nursing home at 5:30! Hey! That's just a little short notice! Obviously I didn't go...by the time I showered and dressed and drove to Tallahassee it would have been over!

Norma broke her toe the other night. She doesn't know how, she just woke up with it swollen, black and broken. The doctor wrapped it and told her to wear that shoe she had to wear when she broke a bone in her foot a few months back. She's in her late 80's...I wonder about her bone density...you'd think her doctor would check that and her vitamin D levels. You know, most of us are deficient in vitamin D and without an adequate amount of it we don't absorb calcium.

Not much going on...not much news. That's a good thing!

No comments: