Saturday, May 23, 2009

Rain.....

Today is our 10th day in a row of rain! The first few were so welcomed! Now it's getting to be a bit much! The poor dogs hold their bodily functions until they are about to burst and then dash outside and pee and poop in the rain for what seem like an eternity! They are so totally over the rain!

Yesterday one of the ladies from Garden Club had an open house. She has a rather large farm south of town and hybridises daylilies. The open house was from 10 to 3. I really debated about going in the rainy weather, but I thought I saw a patch of blue around noon, so I went. Her farm is really off the beaten path, down a one lane clay road forever! I was so glad I went. When I got there I asked her how the turn-out had been and she said I was the first. Even with the weather the rows and rows and rows of daylilies were breath-taking!

I got home in time for the bottom to drop out once more!

Thursday I roasted a chicken and made potato salad. Yesterday I made chicken soup and turtle walnut chocolate chip brownies. For breakfast I ate a brownie with my coffee. I've got a hankering to cook something now, but I'm forcing myself to wait until I at least finish the chicken, the meatloaf (and mashed potatoes) from Tuesday and the chicken soup. I figure I don't have to finish the brownies before cooking something else! I've always liked to cook, but I'm thinking this compulsion is being driven by the weather!

Didn't do dinner with the ladies last night. Was a chicken and just didn't answer the calls from Ruth. It's so hard to tell her no. Last week after telling her no she called again at the last minute and begged me to go. Said no. Then she wanted me to go as her guest. Said no. Then she offered to lend me money. Said no. This is all very hard.

The meeting with staff at the nursing home has been changed from this coming Tuesday to (I think) June 9th. They called my sister Friday and said they hadn't realized that Monday was Memorial Day when the first appointment was set and that some of the staff wouldn't be there. That's okay with me.

We work Memorial Day. Our leader says that's a "Yankee holiday"!

It's still quite early in the day and very muggy! and raining!

No comments: