Friday, August 28, 2009

What a nice birthday!

Wednesday was my birthday and as much as I dreaded it, it turned out to be a really good one!

My day started with numerous birthday wishes on Facebook. Then they had a little party with a Snickers cake at work. When I got home from work my yard had been mowed and even though it had nothing to do with my birthday, I took it as a wonderful thing! Wednesday evening I went to Tallahassee to my sister's house for bridge. Bless her heart, she ordered out from Olive Garden and served cheese stuffed manicotti, a delicious beef dish, salad and bread sticks along with an absolutely beautiful chocolate cake with raspberry filling! Even though I was low man on the scoring for bridge it was just wonderful!

Yesterday it was back to Tallahassee for a birthday celebration with our step-father at Outback! Of course I ate much too much, but brought home a ton of food also! The crew there sang a happy birthday song and furnished a birthday sundae for three! Talk about good! Bert had an extremely funny birthday card for me and one that he got for me from Mother, along with a check and bags of Dove candy...one for my sister and one for me! Checked my mailbox when I got home and had an extremely funny birthday card from Bennett...a lovely way to cap off two very nice days of celebration!

Then last night at 8, Big Brother!!!!! It's getting to the end and the tension is really building. Can't wait for Sunday night's episode!

Thank goodness Survivor starts on the 17th...I must have my reality tv fix! And both The Biggest Loser and The Amazing Race start next month, too. Yeah!

Oh, and yesterday I donated my very large, heavy dining room table, 2 leaves and 6 chairs to a local restaurant. The two girls came in a rather small van and actually just the two of them managed to fit it all in! I was impressed! It was such a relief to give all of that away. It was much too big for my house and not my style at all. I moved the smaller, round table and 4 chairs into the dining room and it looks much better. And, the living room looks SOOOO much bigger with them out of there! Whew!

I'm wishing for new furniture for the living room. The puppies pretty much destroyed what's in there now. But I'm thinking I need to save some money and wait a bit. I left both Shirley and Jazzy inside when I went to Tallahassee Wednesday and when I got back Jazz had torn up a throw pillow and chewed a hole in the slipcover on the chair. She also chewed up a note pad and a tube of Chapstick...it was a mess when I walked in!

This is our second day and night of rain. Solid, steady rain. I feel totally hydrated and could use a little break!

No comments: