Friday, August 07, 2009

Well, today is another day!

I met my friend from high school, Bennett as she's called now, Betty in my head, for lunch at Sage today. We sat out on the porch with the ceiling fans going and an occasional breeze and were quite comfortable, thank goodness, because we sat for close to 2 hours! It amazes me how we just seem to pick up where we left off at lunch in the Spring! There's always something to talk about when you're with an old friend! How pleasant and I look forward to getting together around Thanksgiving when she'll be back in town.

The weather has gone back to "Summer"...sure did enjoy the touch of Fall we had for a couple of weeks. The air conditioner seems to run all of the time even with the thermostat set at 82...dread the next electric bill, but the one I just paid was down $20+ from the last one! That helped!

So, I've paid all of my bills this month; electric, water, cable, phone, car insurance and got a whole new tag for the car and I still have a few dollars left. I'm not sure how I did it, but I did and feel like I can breath for the rest of the month! Whew!

I'm slightly depressed. Not sure why. I hope I'm not so shallow that the upcoming birthday is the cause, but you never know. It just seems as if there's nothing to look forward to and that in itself can be depressing. I'm not particularly lonely, I'm not hungry, I don't really have any needs (or wants for that matter). The animals are healthy and happy and funny. I have a roof over my head and a project or two going...so, I'm not sure what's wrong, but I have that full chest almost in tears feeling and I don't like it! Wish I knew what to do.

I spent 5 or so hours yesterday going through a humongous box filled with pictures that my sister got from Mother's house. Mother won't be looking at them and, of course, Bert isn't interested in them. One of the things that was quite interesting was Mother's scrapbook from high school. A lot had been torn out or fallen out or something, but there were some great articles and pictures. Then there were also pictures of Mother, her twin brother and their older brother when they were young. I'm going to try to get a couple of packets off to Rosie and Terri, they may enjoy having some of these. Don't know when I'll get around to doing it, yesterday was terrible! My back hurt like all get out when I was finished.

The gateless door to the kitchen is still causing chuckles. I find myself lifting my leg to step over it and the dogs are finding it quite enticing. The cat food bowls have never been so clean!

No comments: