Sunday, August 16, 2009

Things we don't like to think about

Often my mind prays that I'll skip a thought or two, but I tend to be quite stubborn and usually win...even if it's only in my mind

The emotions that the thought of an eminent hurricane today have caused surprised me...it has been 5ish years since I've really worried about a storm. Charlie, Francis and Jean, I think, hit our house in Central Florida within 4 weeks back in '04. The damage that Charlie did was awful not only at our house, but our neighborhood. The weekend I moved into this house in 2005 a hurricane, Dennis, hit the panhandle and the animals, Shirley, Goodness, Mercy and I were without power and furniture for a week. That, however, doesn't compare to the 2004 Central Fl hurricanes. Today, perhaps because I'm so alone, this silly little storm, Claudette, has had me on edge. I'm as prepared as one can be with battery operated lights, Tracfone, both battery and wind-up radios, battery operated fans and little battery operated digital tv. I have food and pet food and toilet plans. I have a grill and charcoal and water. However, even with all of the preparations, I'm a bit nervous and anxious, and she's landing way west of here! Not sure just what the emotional problem is, but I sure do wish it would go away...I'm okay, but slightly a wreck.

If you have a moment, think about me please.

No comments: