Friday, August 05, 2005

Something very dumb

A few weeks ago I got a new (used) computer tower. I unplugged the old one, stuck it in a corner and installed this one. All was right with the world. Then I told a friend at work about having a tower that I was no longer using and she offered me $60.00 for it...sold it! Shortly after I began having problems staying on line and the computer seemed to get slower and slower. Welllll, I didn't uninstall anything on the old comp. and the folks that have it were going on line with my aol account and each time they did it kicked me off. Somehow, a bug got in and in the end totally fried my computer! Got it back late yesterday and have spent forever getting everything reinstalled! But, now I'm back in business!

Fellow came yesterday and mowed and edged the yard. It's amazing that something so simple as edging/weed-eating makes such a difference...looks good!

Mother told me that in 2-6 weeks some of her furniture from the mountains will be arriving. A bedroom set for the guest room and a dining table, 6 chairs and a corner hutch for the dining room, which at this very moment is stacked window sill high with boxes.

The second small bedroom is a total jumble of boxes, bags, books and totally unidentifiable things. In order to get it usuable as my work room I'm going to have to empty it and then refill it. Oh joy!

Most of the rest of the house is in fairly good shape. There are still several boxes of kitchen stuff to unpack, it's just that I hate ladders so much and the only space left for kitchen storage requires a ladder to access. I know I'll figure it out eventually but it sure would be nice if it were alrealy done.

Talked with Mike on Sunday and on Wednesday. He's so improved, yet still needs his wheel chair and some assistance. He was excited about an outting to Walmart that he went on with a group from the nursing home. Thank goodness he's getting out some, it seems to make such a big differance in his outlook.

No comments: