Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Mixed feelings

We, here is the easternmost part of the panhandle of Florida, are suffering from the the pangs of guilt from feeling relief that the wrath of hurricane Katrina missed us. We prepared, we bought plywood, water and masking tape. As it turns out none of that would have done us any good had she come ashore even 200 miles east of where she hit. The horror of the aftermath of the storm is not imaginable to anyone not actually living through it. I heard that it will actually be decades before New Orleans and the surrounding areas can possibly recover. Can you image the fear and helplessness those people must be feeling?

We were slightly impacted here...I spent about an hour and a half after work yesterday lugging pecan limbs to the curb and we couldn't call long distance. Wow!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jane,
Last Saturday, before I left Orlando, I had to cut padlock on my storage since you took my key. I needed some of my clothes. You can throw that key away since had to replace padlock with new one. But, I need you to send my post office box key that you took...it has to be turned back in. Send to me at Sondra's address, POB 161. more later. thanks.
Mike