Friday, August 19, 2005

The end of a very tiring week

Tonight is the first time I've taken the time to really sit down at the computer other than to check e-mail and play a game or two. I've been going to bed around 8:30.

The first week of work was good. A lot of it felt like when Mike and I worked together. I worked some in the shop and some in the office. Of course, the shop was almost unbarable with the heat...our heat index was over 100 every day and with the drier cranked up to 400+ degrees it really was just awful at times!

I talked with Mike Sat., Sun., Mon. and Tues. He's been running a terrible fever. It seems he developed a topical infection under his abdomible dressing and the dumb nursing home didn't catch it. Not only was he running a fever, but had a horrible odor coming from the dressing. He's better now.

Helen called tonight. We talked for over an hour. She is such a good friend and I really do miss our over the fence talks in the evenings! We did that for over 12 years. Hard to belive that she is 82 now.

Mother found out earlier this week that she has cataracts in both eyes. She's scheduled for surgery for the first eye in a little over a week and the second eye two weeks later. She's quite nervous about it!

I had just gotten insurance on the old car last week and Mother and Bert gave me the new car last Friday. Well, I found out today that the $195.00 that I paid for ins. on the old one is sorta just a down payment for this new one (I had the ins. transfered) I now owe an additional $308.00 for the new car ins.! Ouch! Not sure how I'll handle this, but I'll have to do it somehow.

No comments: