Friday, August 12, 2005

So Far it's Mercy's Day!

Today had been all Mercy! She's the only cat I know who LOVES electronic/noisy things. So far I've used the blender and the vacuum and she totally supervised each operation and is sitting at my feet asking "What's next"? I'll turn the radio on later and that will just have to do her for now!

I made an interesting facial mask in the blender...strawberry yogurt and oatmeal. I'm wearing it as I do this and Shirley is beside herself with wanting to lick my face, of course, she always wants to lick my face, but this is something special. Goodness, bless his heart thinks I'm scary looking and runs if I approach him. Animals!

Don't know if I've mentioned that the newspaper and I parted ways last week...well we did. Cold call selling isn't my bag (and I knew it when I took the job) and I was very bad at selling ads. Did it for 3 months and finally last Wednesday the boss said to me "You're really not enjoying this are you?" and I said "No, not really"... so his suggestion was that we mutually part ways. Thank goodness! I was so afraid I was going to have to quit and I hate doing that.

Anyway, on Tuesday before the parting on Wednesday I stopped by a screen printing place on the way home and introduced myself and told them that I'm a screen printer, spent about an hour there talking with the owner and left my name and number and said if he ever needed help after 3 in the afternoon or on the weekends to give me a call. Well, Joe called this Wednesday and asked me to come in on Thursday and talk with him (I told him then that I wasn't at the paper anymore). Yesterday he offered me a job running the office and I start Monday! Yeah! This is something I CAN do! 9:30-4:30 with an hour for lunch and almost a walkable distance from home!

Today's the day I'm going to Tallahassee for dinner with Mother and Bert at 3:00! This should be interesting!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yay! Great news about the job, Mom!