Sunday, August 28, 2005

Recent Happenings

Thursday I let the nursing home, Mike's family and, unfortunately, finally Mike know that I couldn't bring Mike here. Then I found out from the nursing home that Mikes condition wasn't nearly as horrible as Mike had led me to believe. I'm not sure why he did that.

Thursday night my son came over from Apalachicola, spent the night, took me to breakfast on Friday morning, got all of the tag transfer and car ins. handled for my old car and was back in Apalach before noon! Talk about a whirlwind trip! He's coming back this coming weekend. I really did enjoy him!

Friday was my 60th birthday. That seems like a milestone of some sort!

Yesterday I went back to the Publix I went to a couple of weeks ago. It's 18 miles from the courthouse and such a pretty and nostalgic drive for me! When I was a little girl that was basically the only route to Tallahassee from here and we must have traveled it at least twice a week for 13 years! So much of it is the same, but "progress" has crept in in the form of sub-divisions and filling stations and convenience stores and finally, as you near Tallahassee, strip malls. Now, these are done rather tastefully, with an eye toward preserving the feel of the Desota Trail (which is what Rt. 90 is). I just don't think Desota had much in common with a convenience store!

After lunch I met three of the other members of the Humane Society at our new office. The four of us spent four and a half house sorting through bags and boxes of old HS records. These papers covered 1998-now and they were also covered with rat poop and pee! They had been chewed and nested in and there were some that just screamed of previous birthings! And, the remarkable thing is, the four and a half hours flew! We did a lot of talking and it was a first "girl thing" I'd done in a while. We're getting together Wednesday after work to attack the last box. It really will feel so much better to had this done!

I've made great progress with the boxes and bags of stuff I've been living with. I've gotten all of the boxes out of the living room but one and it goes in the work room and it's stacked to death with boxes and stuff! That's my project for the afternoon, for now I'm going to get another cup of coffee and read the Sunday paper.

No comments: