Friday, August 12, 2005

See! I knew something was up!

I met Mother and Bert at their house at 3:00 today as directed. They immediately hustled me into their car and off we went, down roads I'd never seen and they talked the entire time about how pleased they were that the chef at the restaurant (that they never named) could accommodate us at 3:30! The turkeys! While we were driving all over the place Mother handed me a gift that weighed a ton and said to go ahead and open it, so I did. It was a box with a brick in it and a little package. She wouldn't let me open the small package, but let me fondle it and try to guess what it was...it was wrapped in tissue paper and really sorta lumpy. Then it began to storm, the rain was coming down in sheets. It was really a wild ride! Then all of a sudden Mother said "quick, open the package", so I did. It was a key chain and a key and then Bert turned into a Honda dealership. Well, to make 2 hours much shorter, they gave me a 2005 Honda Civic (with 183 miles on it) for my birthday. It's pale gold, misty gold I think, and smells wonderful! See, I knew something was up!

When we left the dealership we went to a lovely French restaurant where they actually did have reservations. I had brook trout stuffed with crab, saffroned potatoes, asparagus, Caesar salad and an absolutely wonderful coconut cream pie. Oh yes, my sister met us there and while we were waiting to be seated we went for a walk to window shop and I found a hundred dollar bill on the sidewalk...YES I DID!!!!!! Talk about a strangely wonderful day! This was certainly it!

Tomorrow I've got to get my car insurance upgraded and then from noon to 4:00 I'm taking a class in animal CPR.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a great birthday present!