Wednesday, June 24, 2009

We're out of the woods!

Yesterday we didn't hit 100 degrees (we hit 99!) for the first time in 8 days! I know it sounds weird, but the high 90s were okay! Today "they" are predicting low to mid 90s! Should be right balmy!!! However, we are awfully dry...sure do need rain!

Well, I have 4 friends in TMH. Step-brother-in-law, Mark: heart attack, in ICU; Ruth: accident, very broken up and in ICU; Susan: Ruth's daughter: broken pelvic, surgery today; Mary: friend, broken hip! Gracious, you just never know! Do you think the weather did it?

Still find myself reaching for a cigarette...not smoking...wanting. Didn't realize there would be such awful physical symptoms: headache, stomach churning, various aches and pains, cravings (not just for cigarettes, but foods, too!), antsy, shaky and quite irritable. I can just see myself ballooning up to a million pounds, of course, that's not a very good reason to smoke, but if I'm not careful I'm sure I could use that as a reason to talk myself into having that occasional smoke...and you know what would happen then! I wonder how long it'll take to get the smoke from my lungs...I can still smell smoke on my breath.

They mowed my yard yesterday. The grass and weeds were so high that they left huge piles of cut grass piled up against the fence and everything else that it could pile against. I'll try to get out there early tomorrow and rake it up...it looks horrible now.

One of the nursery sons got back yesterday from a 10 day tour of the orient...China, Viet Nam, etc. I heard him talking to some of the guys about how much Americans are hated in Viet Nam and how one of the folks in his party was spat on! I didn't know this! Sad.

TGIW!!!!

No comments: