Friday, June 19, 2009

Hot, hot, hot!!!

Well, today is the day of our party at work. It will be outside...250+ people and it's HOT! This is our 4th day of temps in the 100s! I'm dressing cool, shorts and a loose top and flip flops (platform ones!), but I'm thinking that this may not help. We do have giant old oak trees that we'll set up under, so that may make it bearable. Here's hoping so! I really need to think about doing my hair and face as it's 11am now and the party starts at 12!

I just made a wonderful discovery! The swiffer pads that you dust furniture with do a much better job on pet hair and dust on floors than the flat floor pads! I may be on to something here!

Norma called last night and invited me over to pick more blueberries (I am starting to run out), but I told her I'd have to wait until the weather down shifts a bit...the berries may be out of season then!

Talked with RM for a couple of hours last night. Can you believe she turned 44 yesterday? Wow! Where does time go?

I googled "girl scout camp songs" a while ago. Bunches of sites came up. I didn't know some of the songs, after all, it's been almost 50 years since I went to Camp Juliette Low, but some of the old standbys were there. Brought back some wonderful memories!

Tomorrow morning is the Watermelon Festival breakfast at the bank. I get hungry just thinking about it. Funny how much I look forward to it! My life is rather bland, of course that is by choice, but something different on occasion is nice! Both my sister and my high school friend, Betty will be there and Norma said she may go also. Sounds like a party to me!

The only thing I've noticed that's loving this weather is my yard. We've had just enough rain (about every 3 days) and the heat seems to be greenhousing the grass, shrubs and weeds. It's all growing like wild! And, the daylilies I put out earlier this spring have begun blooming...so far, it's only one or two here and there, but I'm hoping that by next year they'll get their acts together and really give me a show! The ones that have bloomed are quite different and awfully pretty! Sure am enjoying them!

Say a prayer for daughter #2...they didn't get all of the cancer on her eyelid and she facing some rather invasive surgery this next week that may involve skin grafts and sewing the eye shut for the summer.

Also, my step brother-in-law isn't doing too well. He had a heart attack Sunday and now is fighting pneumonia. He's in intensive care at TMH. He's too young for all this, just a couple of years older than I am.

And, that's the way the world turns.

No comments: