Tuesday, June 16, 2009

We're having a party!

This coming Friday is our big party at work. I was charged with getting the caterer and feel fortunate that I was able to get the Seinyard!!! We'll have the "works", fried fish, shrimp, oysters and chicken fingers with cheese grits, slaw and hush puppies! Yum! Sure am looking forward to the food!

Just found out last night that this weekend is the annual Watermelon Festival here in Monticello. It's been going on longer than I can remember (and that's a while!). Need to check with my sister and see if she wants to do the breakfast, we have for the past 2 years and it's great fun.

It was raining when I got ready to leave for work yesterday, so I left the dogs in the house. My bad. One arm of the sofa is almost empty of stuffing. Damn that Jazzy. Today, no matter what the weather is doing, she's OUTSIDE!

Got a letter from the new insurance company that we got to insure the house. It seems I have to have hand rail put on the back steps and a piece of trim that came down 4 years ago put back up. Now this little house is about 80 years old and hasn't had hand railings. Why now? Finding a handyman to do these simple things has turned out to be quite a chore. My sister called friends of hers here in town and they recommended a fellow that had done some work for a family member. I called him and he's not doing any side work now...is working full time for the bank. I'm going to call a couple of folks today and ask at work. Hate this sort of stuff!

Was sitting here at the computer this past weekend and the back of my chair broke. A cheap plastic piece worried through a bolt and it and a heavy spring fell off. Don't know how to fix it.

I'm worried that something's up with my sister...she's quiet.

No comments: