Friday, June 12, 2009

Happenings

Dinner Wednesday night at Leah Jane's was very nice. There were 6 of us and the food and conversation flowed. Was only gone a couple of hours, but had 3 new holes in the sofa when I got home. Damn dog...

Our temperature has been flirting with 100 degrees for the past week. "They" say that today it may not only hit 100, but pass it....ouch!

Yesterday I went to Norma's house about 9:30am. We picked blueberries for about 20 minutes. The temperature was already in the high 80s and the humidity was 98 percent. 20 minutes of picking in the shade was about all either of us could handle. Even so, I picked 1 1/2 quarts of some of the prettiest blueberries I've seen in a while. The bushes are still loaded and Norma invited me to come back and pick more soon. I'm going to freeze the majority, but have been thinking about dehydrating some to see how that'll work. I'm also contemplating refrigerator jam.

I had lunch at Sage with my friend Betty (Bennett as she's called now) from high school. We outlasted everyone there. Did a lot of catching up, after all, high school was 46 years ago! It's so funny how differently life happens to everyone. I also find it interesting that memories of basically the same thing can be so different! The brain is a strange and miraculous thing!

I'm torn today between 2 projects. I need to sew up the holes in the sofa and I want to start beading. Both projects require using these arthritic old hands and I know they won't last through both projects and either one of them will leave me mighty sore tomorrow. Of course, I could just vegetate on the computer and do nothing! We'll see.

No comments: