Thursday, January 01, 2009

Happy New Year!

Well, I made it through! Fell asleep in my chair watching the Food Network around 9 o'clock last night, woke up about 2 mins. to 12! Told the animals Happy New Year and ate some collards!

I dozed off and on in my chair until around 3 this morning and finally went to bed. The animals let me sleep until about 7!!!!

I found a recipe for cooking dried black-eyed peas in a crock pot, so I put about 1/2 a pound of dried peas, a smoked ham hock, chopped onions, Cajun seasoning and dried, chopped jalapeno peppers in the crock pot covered with water and let it sit on low until this morning. Really good! So for the New Year I have a nice pot of collards that I cooked last night, the black-eyed peas, consume rice and a pretty little steak. I bet I eat all day!

Yesterday I took a vat of potato salad to work and found out after I got there that I had been elected to cook the country ham and the baked beans also! So I spent most of the morning in the kitchen there at work. It's a much larger kitchen than this one I have at home, but my layout here is much better and so it the color! Everything was ready about 12:30 and gone by about 1:00! I really don't remember anyone saying thank you. I was told the potato salad was good. It was! Just your basic potato salad with 10 pounds of potatoes, a dozen eggs, onion, celery, sweet pickles, mayo and mustard and a little salt...it actually needed more salt, but with the salty country ham it was just right.

Cousin Patricia's visitation is scheduled for 9am Saturday and the service for 10am Saturday. I can't go. That would mean boarding the dogs Friday through Monday. If it were during the week I could have boarded them for one night only. Oh well. I sent flowers yesterday.

No comments: