Tuesday, December 30, 2008

The day before New Years Eve

Can you believe that in less than 48 hours we'll all be saying good-bye to 2008? Is it just me, or are the years passing faster and faster? I'm sure I'll say good-bye around 9 o'clock as I'm finding it much harder to stay up much later than that. Of course, I do get up at 5ish (sometimes 4ish) every morning, but maybe once Maggie/Maxie goes to her new home I'll sleep a little later as she is usually the first one up and then they all stomp me until I get up!

I went to see Mother today. I decided not to tell her about Patricia. It would serve no purpose. Mother and Patricia were quite close and stayed in contact with each other over the years. I still haven't heard anything about the cause of death or the services.

Mother was a little more confused today than she has been lately, but then like everyone else she has good days and bad ones. When I got there she was in a group thing going on in the dining room. She was sound asleep in her wheelchair. Maybe that's why she was addled.

I just finished making potato salad for 20+ people for work tomorrow. The boss is baking a country ham and one of the other girls (ha!) is doing baked beans. That's a nice little feast to say good-bye to the old year with!

When I got home from Tallahassee the puppies had once more breached the gate between the hall and my room. They polished off two unread paperbacks, a couple of magazines, a pillow and a bag of cherry flavored cough drops. I haven't heard either of them cough since I've been home.

No comments: