Saturday, December 13, 2008

I may have found Maggie a home!

Yesterday the young fellow that put my original fence in came by to give me an estimate on enlarging the fenced area. He's going to extend it 25 feet toward the back of the yard. Now, 25' doesn't sound like much to me, but when he wheeled it off and marked it I was pleased at how much more area that will be. The dogs will have a much larger area that's grass to romp in and perhaps that'll give the area around the patio a chance to heal.

Anyway, while we were out there the dogs were watching and voicing encouragement. The fence guy said, "you only had the little dog (Shirley) when I put this fence in". So I told him the story of how Maggie came to live here and that I'd tried for months to find her a home and had given up and had her spayed and shots, etc. He asked if I was still looking for a home for her that he and his wife were talking about getting a dog!!! Well, next Saturday he's going to do the fence and when he's finished he'll take Maggie home!!!! I hope this works out. Three dogs is more than I want or need. Vet bills are awful and dry dog food has really soared in cost. Keep your fingers crossed for me. I'll miss her and worry about her, but she'll have a family with a little boy and a big fenced yard and people that want her. This is definitely for the best!

Last night was dinner with the ladies. We were all dressed in our Christmas finery and looked so spiffy. Wine and conversation flowed freely. We solved all of the world's woes. If only it could extend past our private dining room! I did find out that the Senior Center has gotten a grant to complete the building and a private citizen has completed the ball field. No help for the Humane Society yet. We all pray that is coming soon! It's important.

No comments: