Saturday, January 10, 2009

Maggie's gone

Around 5:30 yesterday afternoon the young fellow who adopted Maggie came to get her. I knew it was going to be hard, but didn't realize just how hard! I put Maggie in the back yard a little after 5 so I wouldn't have to drag Jazzy into the house and paced and waited until he got here. Maggie seemed to remember him and was delighted to see him. That pleased me! He said that all the children could talk about on the cruise was getting home and getting Maggie. That also pleased me! She went with him without a fuss, though he did have to carry her as she isn't leash trained, and sat in the front seat of the car just like she knew what she was doing.

When I got back in the house both Shirley and Jazzy were inconsolable! They howled and cried and ran inside and outside and hunted Maggie. She'd been with us for close to 9 months and of course was an important factor in our little family.

I left early for Dinner with the Ladies just because I couldn't stay here. I actually had to touch up my make up before I left, crying had made a mess of it! Before I left I gave Shirley and Jazzy the toys that Santa had brought for them. I sent Maggie's with her along with some dog treats, dog wipes, pee-pee pads, a leash, a new dog chew and her favorite old dog chew. I also sent some pictures of her when she was younger and 4 pages of words and phrases she knows and important dates, etc.

When I got home the first thing Shirley and Jazzy wanted to do was go outside to look for Maggie. It was rather sad. We did have quite a bit more room in bed last night! First thing this morning they were outside once more looking for Maggie. I know this will all ease up, but right now it sure is hard on Jazzy...they were best friends, joined at the hip!

I only have one more antibiotic to take for my bladder infection and I don't think it's much better. I'll go by the doctor's office on Wednesday and let them see if it's cleared up. It's really funny, one of the women I met last Saturday at the dog trial practice also was diagnosed with a bladder infection this week and one of the Ladies also has one...what's going on? My first thought was the water supply, but each of us has a different source for water. I can't think of anything else we may have in common. The air we breath? Dinner was awful. The Ladies, as always, delightful!

I'm thinking I may not even get dressed today. Maybe there will be some good movies on tv.

No comments: