Thursday, January 22, 2009

Global Warming?

Here I am in sunny Florida and it is 19 degrees this morning! Where's that global warming I keep hearing about? I think it's bosh and hog wash! Weather, along with everything else, is cyclical and this too shall pass.

The 2 little space heaters are valiantly trying to keep the house from freezing. They certainly are not keeping the house warm, but it's not freezing inside. I'm so bundled up that I'm unrecognizable...I surprise myself when I catch sight of me in a mirror! Knit cap, scarf, 2 pairs of socks with wool slippers and double layers of everything in between! Not a pretty sight, but warmish. The animals stay together in heaps and are doing okay. This too shall pass!

My sister had surgery yesterday. They found lesions in her bladder that they removed and sent off to pathology. I guess it'll be next week before the report comes in.

This is the start of my weekend...I look so forward to it! Nothing planned, but much I should do. The garden still needs to be turned, my work room looks like a hurricane hit it (as does the rest of the house). The only rooms that stay pretty good are the kitchen and both bathrooms. When the clutter/mess gets too oppressive I go to one of those rooms!

I wonder about Maggie, but I really no longer miss her!

No comments: