Tuesday, April 01, 2008

The light at the end of the tunnel

I'm just hoping that the light I think I see at the end of the tunnel isn't a train! The kitchen floor went in on Saturday and looks great! Yesterday the cabinets went in...no counter tops! They only measured yesterday for the counters!!!! and say it'll probably be a week before they're in...but the cabinets (except for the one falling off of the wall) look good, but the doors aren't even at the top or bottom...this is very expensive and is taking sooooo long and damn it, I want it right!

I was to get high speed internet service through EMBARQ yesterday. They say that order has been processed, however, something happened and I have no phone (thus, no internet either!). That should be resolved by 3:58 this afternoon. Can you believe it?

I know that other shoe is hovering!!!

Mother was to be moved to the nursing home tomorrow, but a bed came available in a private room (hard to come by) and she's being moved today. I feel sure the rehab center will be happy to see her go as she is very uncooperative, cranky and cusses quite a bit! We (actually Nancy) overheard two of the nursing staff one day last week say they could only hope she was leaving soon! I told Bert I'd be over there after work. I went yesterday but she was sound asleep and I didn't wake her. I did, however, put a sticky note on her chest so she'd know I'd been there.

The kittens are now mostly outdoor cats and they love it. I think they spend a lot of time under the house, but I've seen them in the main yard and out front. That worries me. I try to pray them safe. They do come in for meals, but getting the back door closed with them in isn't easy. If I happen to "trap" them inside the yowling is unbearable! Litter boxes are much easier to keep up with! Now instead of scooping 4 boxes twice a day I'm scooping once a day. Better!

The 1st Fletcher First Cousin Reunion on Saturday was fine. Nancy and I were not treated as cousins. Things were given out to family members. Nothing to us. Oh well...I told her that we were afterthoughts when the post marks on our invitation letters was 4 days past the RSVP date! She insisted and we went. We did get a free meal and I finally got to meet some of the people I hear about quite a bit. Ferrel Samms (sp?), the author, is a family member and was at our table. Nice to meet him. There were apx. 65 people there from new borns to Bert who is now the oldest at 90.

I just got off the phone with Bert. I'll meet him at the rehab center after work today and then go with him to the nursing home to help settle Mother in. Oh joy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello Musings,

This is a message from Lamont with Embarq Customer Support. I want to first apologize for any frustration you may have endured with the activation of your Embarq service. I would like to verify with you if the service is working soundly for you. We would like the opportunity to assist you in resolving any issue you may have with the service. We are working hard to reach out to our customers that are not completely satisfied with our service and striving to improve our service with your help. Please provide your phone number in a private message or email and we will research and resolve your issue. Thank you for giving us the opportunity to help you.

Lamont L.
Embarq Customer Support
SMNP.Lamont.l@embarq.com
For additional support please visit www.embarq.com/support or call 1-877-646-3282
Voice | Data | Internet | Wireless | Entertainment