Thursday, April 03, 2008

Oh glory! I have counter tops!

Well, the title is a little misleading...I have most of my counter tops. One small one is missing. This process is really a pain, but I think it's almost over. The refrigerator is still in another room, the dishwasher and microwave/hood are still in the carport and the sink is still on the side porch. Other than that it's mighty close to being done! The painter has repainting to do and the roof on the overhang outside the French doors still needs work...but it's all coming along! Thank goodness!

I feel like throwing everything away that I took out of the kitchen and stacked in the dining room and just starting over. If I could afford to I just really might do it!

Tuesday Bert and I (with the help of an ambulance) moved Mother to a nursing home. Before she left the rehab center she called almost everyone there "Nincompoops"! That's Mother! I do hope she'll not make folks angry at the new place.

Nancy and I have talked (lots) about visiting Mother. She actually doesn't remember if we were there recently or not. We both work (and I drive over from another town) and this trying to see her so often is taking quite a toll on both of us. This is going to be a long term thing with Mother and her physical health is fine. Soooo, we have decided to each see her one day a week each on a different day. I saw her Tuesday and Nancy will see her today. I feel sure that this isn't going to sit too well with Bert, but we're both tired and have to take care of us too. Wonder why I feel so damn guilty?

Just got my high speed internet service up and running. That's been quite a process too! It's amazing how much faster than dial up it really is! So nice to be able to post from home!

Got my power bill yesterday. It was the lowest I remember it being...$46.39! However, air conditioning season is just about here...

No comments: