Saturday, April 19, 2008

Jazzy

Here she is! Isn't she a cutie? The oddest thing happened yesterday, dog-wise. I was vegging out in front of the computer and Shirley and Jazzy were playing and running in and out of the house. Shirley's barking broke into my game induced fog and I went out to investigate. When I went out onto the stoop a dog jumped up on my let to be petted and in a very absent-minded way I rubbed ears and head...then I did a double take because both Shirley and Jazzy were standing on the patio watching while I rubbed a perfect stranger! Someone put a puppy in my fenced back yard! There's no way she could have found her way in, it's fairly dog proof, and all of the gates were tightly closed. I hollered out "Has someone lost a puppy?" and ran out front and looked up and down the road. There wasn't a car in sight and not a single walker! So I walked around the entire yard and found no one. What a cheap trick! The last thing in the world I need is another puppy! Well, she was too young to put out and it was late, so I sat outside and watched the puppies play and the cats investigate and fumed! The new puppy looks like a hound of some sort. She's probably 2-3 months old with feet the size of saucers! She's mainly white with black and tan facial markings a large black spot mid-tail and tiny black polka dots in her white back...seems there's another marking somewhere...She's very sweet.

I crated her last night and she was very good. Not sure what I'll do (notice no name), the Humane Society is full to the brim right now.

Isn't Jazzy something? Eight weeks old.

No comments: