Saturday, April 26, 2008

Mother's birthday

We celebrated Mother's 83rd birthday today. Actually it was Wednesday, but we have always done something either on the weekend before or after if it falls during the week.

Bert got hamburgers and fries from Wendy's, Nancy P. furnished tea and plates and cups and ice and I had Tupelo's (new bakery here in town) make sugar free cupcakes with piped cream cheese as icing. Nancy and Mark B. joined us and it was quite festive with cards and gifts and a balloon. Mother had her hair done in the nursing home beauty parlor yesterday and looked quite pretty. I could kick myself for not taking my camera!

Mother told me that she wanted to run away...and cried when I told her she couldn't yet, but that as soon as she was able we'd take her to the mall and go eat and see a movie. She calmed down a bit after that. After we ate and opened cards and gifts we sang old songs and she joined in on some of them. It was a pretty good time.

No comments: