Sunday, April 06, 2008

Jumping the gun

Well, it seems I jumped the gun when I thought the kitchen is almost done. The counter tops are wrong. They are the Formica I chose and that looks great, however they don't fit right. Some parts hang over the edge (as they should) by about a quarter of an inch and some are actually negative in overhang! ISH! The piece that is missing is still missing and only 1/2 of the knobs are here. They did move my refrigerator into the kitchen spot on Friday (only with the urging of the painter and me) and it fits just right. They broke a shelf bracket in the freezer and a leg on the stove. They've propped the stove up with a piece of ply wood and I'm not too happy about that. They also scratched the hard wood floor outside the kitchen pretty badly. And they still have to trim off the shingles on the overhang outside the French doors. And, of course, the microwave/hood and dishwasher are still in the carport. I am not a happy camper.

Bert told Nancy that the rehab folks actually had Mother on her feet and walking with a person on either side of her and one following her closely with the wheelchair in back. Neither of us have seen that yet, but it certainly sounds promising! He also told Nancy that she was hollowering and cussing the entire time! Surprise, surprise!

I got 3 1/2 inches of rain here yesterday! Sure needed it!

No comments: