Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Life as I knew it

Well, it seems that life as I knew it is over! I woke up this morning at 4am to find Shirley, Mercy, Smokey, Maggie and Jazzy all in bed with me...and it's only a double bed. Goodness and Bandi had chosen to sleep out last night! Thank goodness! What a way to wake up!

I'll visit Mother today. I put my camera in my purse last night and hope to get a picture or two of her. Will post after I get them developed...I've been getting a cd burned when I have them developed and am posting from that...it's not as easy as I thought it'd be and is a new learning experience each time. You know, it's that old dog, new trick thing.

The missing counter top and knobs were installed in my kitchen yesterday. The knobs have been discontinued and the building center ordered them from somewhere. The ones that came in are slightly different, same shape (oval), same material (porcelain) and same color (white), but slightly different. I said to just go ahead I can live with it. The counter top is a different story...it isn't installed right, it's not even and sticks up above the level of the stove. I don't know what the answer is, but this really hasn't been a good experience...I feel like I've been experimented on. It's my guess that the fellows who did the cabinets and counter tops have never done it before. At least that's how it seems! The kitchen floor was supposedly jacked up from under the house, but it still dips. And the puddle I thought was coming from the dishwasher is in fact coming from my refrigerator. That never happened before they moved it around a bunch.

No comments: