Thursday, September 03, 2009

Neighbor things

One day last week, I think it was Thursday, I heard a chain saw going 90 to nothing next door. A little later I went out to check the mail and saw a pretty big tree down on my hedge between my yard and his. Well, I waited and waited and the tree just sat there and I heard nothing from the neighbor about his intentions. So Tuesday I wrote a little note asking if he had any plans to clear the tree from my yard and Scotch tapped it to his front door. Later that afternoon he came over and told me that he had someone coming to take down some other trees and they would be getting the one in my yard, too. Late yesterday when I went out to check the mail and bring in the recycle bin I saw a young fellow with a chain saw clearing the mess out of my yard and hedge. I haven't been out to look at it yet, I don't feel good, but I'm sure it's much better!

I didn't go to work yesterday. I've been fighting a sore throat for a few days and when I got up yesterday my left ear was also involved and I really felt awful. I called my doctor's office and they finally called me back just a little while ago. I'm going in for a 12:45 appointment today. There is so much sickness (H1N1 included)going around right now and I really hate to go to the doctor's office, but this thing is only getting worse...I'd hoped it'd clear up on it's own...no such luck.

When I emptied my rain gauge on Tuesday it had 3 and 3/4 inches in it from 2 days of rain!

Tonight's Big Brother should really be exciting...both of my favorite players are on the chopping block!

No comments: