Saturday, September 12, 2009

A rainy day in north Florida

I left home around 7 this morning and went to Tallahassee to my sister's house. We decided to vary our regular breakfast routine and go to I-Hop instead of The Village Inn. I was tickled to see that they actually had a few seniors selections and we both ordered omelets with pancakes from that section. We were both slightly unhappy...the pancakes were very good, the omelets were quite dry. I think we'll try Denny's next time, but I really think we'll end up going back to The Village Inn...we usually get good service (we didn't the last time, however) and we always enjoy the food.

We went to the nursing home from breakfast...that's something you should never do on an empty stomach! Mother was asleep in her wheelchair at the breakfast table and we didn't stay long.

Publix was having a really good buy-one get-one-free sale and a bunch of things priced 10 for $10, so we went there from the nursing home. Bought a bit more than I should have, but really got some good deals!

I stopped for gas before I came home and saved 16 cents a gallon by gassing up in Tallahassee! I managed to get home right before the rain started and it hasn't stopped yet and it's after 8:30! We've had a bit of a dry spell lately so this is really welcomed!

No comments: