Friday, September 25, 2009

Fish fry

Just got home from the Waukeenah Methodist Church fish fry! Talk about good!!!!! Had fried mullet, cheese grits, slaw, baked beans, hush puppies and unsweet tea. Couldn't eat my pound cake, so I brought it home! Since Waukeenah is about half way between my house and my sister's house we met there and sat with a bunch of old friends that just happened to be there at the same time. It was great!

Took Shirley to the vet to have her rabies shot this afternoon and to have her nails clipped. She has lost 2 pounds! I've really been working hard on her diet and it's good to know that it's working. She needs to lose about 3 more pounds and I need to lose about 30!

The door from the carport is rusting something terrible! So yesterday I got some rust neutralizer from Lowe's and some paint. I'm going to try to fix it tomorrow. Not sure if I need to sand it first or not...guess it couldn't hurt. Cross your fingers that it works, it really looks horrible!

No comments: