Thursday, August 07, 2008

Long weekend!

Officially I've been off work since 11:30 am yesterday! There's a large nursery convention in Atlanta this weekend and all of our guys have gone up to set up our booth display (I had no idea it took sooo many guys to set up!), so the phone isn't ringing at work and I'm all caught up with the filing, etc. Carolyn (my immediate supervisor) asked at 11 if I was bored (been surfing the net for hours), of course I said yes...she suggested I go on to my Thursday job and then I could have a long weekend! Did. Actually spent less than 30 minutes there.

When I got home I ripped out the rest of the carpet and padding from the dining room (except for under the china cabinet) and got it out to the street. The house sure smells better and even though the floor in the dining room isn't too good, it looks so much better than that nasty carpet!

I started taping off woodwork in the living room this week. Boy is that a tedious job. So far have only taped as high as I can reach on the front door on one side. At this rate I may finish taping by Christmas! I'm not sure about the color of paint I got...it's called dead fern, maybe it's dried fern, and it's a bit dull, may be a bit dark too. I slapped a bunch on two of the walls (with a 1" foam brush, bad technique) when I bought it last week. Like a fungus, it seems to be growing on me...we'll see.

Took Maggie in to have her stiches removed on Tuesday. Take Jazzy in today. Boy, dem dogs is wild!!!!

I have so many projects in mind and a few actually in progress. A 4 day weekend may not be long enough!

No comments: