Sunday, August 10, 2008

A chilly August morning

It was amazing to wake up to temperatures in the low 60's this morning! Typically August in the Deep South has early mornings in the mid to high 70's. So this is really a treat! Our high is to be in the low 90's today, but that's a decent swap off!

This long weekend has been wonderful and productive! Wednesday afternoon I got the majority of the carpet and padding out of the dining room, Thursday it was laundry (still have a couple of large spreads that I used to cover doorways with to do), Friday cleaning and having dinner with the ladies, yesterday I was in Tallahassee until 3ish and got a lot more taping and some painting done. Today, if my sore muscles hold out I want to plant some grapes and Altheas and finish painting at least one whole wall!

I went to see Mother yesterday. When I got there she was on the outskirts of a group of wheelchair bound patients. She was fussing loudly and yelling at real and imaginary people. I just stood there for a few minutes and watched her. She was the only one making such a fuss. It was so sad. Then I went up to her and took the brakes off the chair and whispered in her good ear that maybe we should go out to the porch. Bless her heart, she didn't know me for a while. We sat out on the porch and I tried to visit, but she was incoherent. Was raving about things being straight/in line and once more was dipping her finger onto the table and wiping it on her cheeks. The only really coherent moment was when after taking her back inside I told her I loved her and she responded that she loved me too and said my name.

Went to see Nancy afterwards and then to Walmart for my weekly shopping. Got another gallon of paint...the dead/dried fern paint was just wrong. This time it's dried mint...still a deep color, quite rich, but is brighter than the fern one was. I managed to get enough on two different walls to know that I DO indeed like it and will go with it. I was unaware that Kilz makes paints...have used the block out (what's that called?) they make and it's wonderful! Anyway, they have an astonishing array of colors, all guaranteed 1-coat coverage. That's what I got. It'll be interesting to see if it covers that red wall in the funny room in one coat!

Well, I think I'll go out and get the paper in, pour another cup of coffee and start my Sunday off right!

No comments: