Friday, August 22, 2008

Fay is arriving

We finally can stop waiting for Fay to arrive and just batten down the hatches. The first of the heavy bands arrived around 2 this morning. Of course, we've been getting wispy outer bands for a couple of days with winds and rain, just nothing continuous. Now she's showing us that she may "just be a tropical storm" but boy can she dump rain! As slowly as she moving we should have this for 2-3 days and possibly 10-12 inches of rain! I'm not too worried about my house, she's built up several feet above the ground, but Nancy's house is on a flat slab and she has a creek that borders one side of her yard. I suggested she get sand bags, she's not going to.

Got up early this morning, made coffee, a pasta salad with black beans and pan grilled a rather large rib-eye steak.

All of the animals are in and not too happy about it...told them just to settle down and enjoy, 'cause this is how it's going to be for a while.

It would be nice if we didn't lose electricity. It would also be nice not to lose any trees! I have several large, old pecan trees that seem to loom toward the house and my neighbor to the east has several old trees that seem to lean over my new kitchen!

Got a reminder call from one of the ladies I dine with on Friday nights. She seems to think we'll have supper together tonight. I'll have to see how the storm's doing before I go out.

Nancy's thinking we'll still go to the Seinyard Saturday to celebrate my upcoming birthday. Told her that we can always do it next weekend. I'd just as soon not head for the coast in this. She's not too happy with that. We'll just have to see how it goes.

Tomorrow is Moonies 17th birthday. Can you believe that?!!! Happy Birthday Moonie!!!!! I love you!

No comments: