Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Aftermath of Fay

Fay lingered for quite a while in each place she visited. Of course she's still creating havoc north of Florida and it looks like she just will not quit! We got 22" of rain here (maybe more, but that's the most I've heard officially) and Tallahassee still has major roads closed due to flooding! Nancy's creek roared and rose, but never challenged her house. She said yesterday that she can still hear the roar from inside the house!

It's possible we may be in for more this weekend or early next week. Hurricane Gustov has 70 mph winds and is currently taking more or less the same path Fay did. I'll just leave all the porch and yard stuff as is and see what happens.

I had to go to the doctor yesterday. Stopped on my way in to work and begged to be seen. They couldn't see me until 10:30. Well, it seems I have bronchitis bordering on pneumonia. Dr. Scoles said I was just a day or two away from pneumonia and the hospital. Gave me 4 prescriptions and sent we home to bed. Really feel awful and it's my birthday. Guess I'm just lucky to be here!

Today was my day to see Mother. Nancy's going in my place. Like she said it'd be horrible to infect Mother with this...maybe even the entire nursing home! I'll go next week.

No comments: