Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Fay

Fay has certainly been an odd storm. She's been all over the place and her projected path is just as odd. The two most likely scenarios are: (1) she'll get out into the Atlantic and get her wind back and turn due west at Jacksonville and head across the panhandle and: (2) she'll make an abrupt u-turn when she exits around Cape Canaveral and pass across Florida out into the Gulf of Mexico and stall, gain strength and head here. Wow! It seems that either way come tomorrow night we'll have us a little storm!

Last night I got flashlights ready and made ice. I've gotten 3 battery operated fans (one a year) and haven't even gotten them out of their boxes...I did last night. Put batteries in them and tested them. I thought I had a little radio that took batteries, but all I can find is the big green one and it takes so many battries...of course, one of the fans uses 10 D batteries and the little tv uses 10 C batteries. I've been collecting batteries for over a year...still in the packages, so I guess they're okay. They worked last night.

I'll get more cat and dog food on my way home today and then I'll be set. Maybe I'll get some jerky, too. This is sorta spooky!

No comments: