Saturday, August 16, 2008

Early morning

Wow! It's 7 o'clock on a Saturday morning and I've already done a million things. In fact I just got back from running out to work and leaving a birthday card taped on the door for one of the guys. Having these 4 am furry alarm clocks sure does start the day off with a BANG!

Went to see Mother Tuesday. She was in the dining room having lunch. There were two other ladies in wheelchairs at the table. I sat with them and found it all so sad. Mother really has lost all of her social filters and is really nasty with people. At one point she yelled across the table at one of the ladies "Hey stupid, I'm talking to you"! Both of the women just ignored her. You don't hear yelling from any of the other folks in long term care. Why her?

I finally saw her roommate awake (if you can call it that) for the first time. She has Alzheimer's, is blind, is frozen in a very stiff, uncomfortable looking position and is mute. No wonder she and Mother get along so well! And, Bert told Uncle Buddy that they communicated well and enjoyed each other's company!!!!

Starting this next week I'll go to my old job after work on Wednesdays. This won't cut any of the time out that I'm working, but will cut one day out...so I'll have 4 day weekends! Sure am looking forward to that as there just isn't enough time to do everything I'm trying to get done around here.

I've almost finished painting the living room. Should be able to get it done today. It sure is looking good! Still have to take the tack strips up in the dining room and the staples out of the floor. Dread that job as it's killer on my back to sit on the floor any length of time and my hands just don't work too well. Still have carpet under the corner china cabinet and it looks ratty. If Nancy's shoulder ever heals she'll try to help me move it out.

Bless her heart, earlier this week Nancy got stung by a wasp at work. She's very allergic and had to dash to the doctor's office. They gave her two prescriptions...don't remember what one was, but the other was for an antibiotic. Interesting. They told her that insect bites can carry some really nasty germs and they'd like to nip it in the bud. She's doing okay, but like with me, the weight of Mother seems to magnify everything that happens. Stress is mighty powerful!

Yesterday Jazzy was 6 months old. That makes Maggie about 7 months old. I am soooo looking forward to them growing out of this puppy chewing stage! Now that they've emptied all of the stuffing out of the box spring of the bed they are working on the wood frame of it. Damn! Oh, they've chewed the right arm of my newish recliner terribly and the lever that you use to recline it, too! It's said that they aren't mature until they're around 18 months old. Just a year more! I was hoping that having them spayed would slow them down just a bit. It hasn't yet.

No comments: