Monday, May 29, 2006

Just touching base

Today's Memorial Day. I've not done anything particularly, but have unpacked my last box from the move. I was determined to have it all done before I'd lived here a year. Moved into the house July 8th of last year (the weekend that hurricane Dennis came through)...was without power and phone Fri-Tues! Didn't have any furniture here and the movers couldn't move me because of first the storm and second the debris from the storm. Well, it finally worked out and in a little over a week I'll have lived in the house for 11 months. Was in the little house I rented for almost 9 months. Didn't realize I'd been in Monticello that long!

I didn't go to Orlando after all. Helen's grandson and his wife were planning something with Helen and as of Friday night she didn't know which day and as I hadn't told her I was thinking of coming I decided to do it another weekend. She doesn't get much excitement or even many visits...it seemed sorta unfair to step on their toes.

Started working on my work room in ernest. I need shelving and can't do it myself. Want both closets fitted with shelves and two walls of long narrow shelving for my stamps. Got a HEAVY 6' table and set it up, just can't get the legs to lock. Good long work surface that at the moment can't be seen because of all of the stuff piled on top of it! It'll come together, surely!

Time to go water...the crape myrtles I put in are wilting every day, but perk up after watering. It's so hot and dry...90's everyday. Need to get mulch, that will help with the watering. Still have the one 3 gallon agapanthus to put in, but until we get some good rain I don't think I'll be able to dig a big enough hole.

No comments: