Sunday, May 21, 2006

Catching up

Last Sunday was Mother's Day. I joined my mother, stepfather and sister at the country club in Tallahassee for lunch. Bert's daughter and her husband were to join us, but at the last moment she got sick. (Yeah, right!). I told Bert to tell her that I now believe she is only a figment of his imagination! Mother and Bert will have been married 3 years this fall and I've never met the daughter.

Lunch was wonderful with a very extensive buffet. I ate too much as always...you'd think I never eat except when with them! Afterwards we went by their house for a short visit. Then Nancy and I went to Publix and I came home. Got home around 6 o'clock.

We were much busier this week at work than we have been in a while. They say it will build for another month or two and then slack off for the summer. Only took 2 hrs. off Thursday as we were so busy.

Have talked with Helen every day. She's in pain and claims she isn't. Not doing too well. She started a once a month drug yesterday that supposed to deal with her massive bone loss. Boniba is the name she read me from her prescription bottle. Did a web/google search on it and can't find ANY information. What worried me was she said it made her tipsy and woozy. When she called she was slurring her words and almost incoherent. We talked for about 1 1/2 hr. and she sounded much better when we hung up. Wish I could get some information about this Boniba...doesn't seem that a drug for bone loss should make her feel that way.

This week I planted two 7gal. Natchez crape myrtles and two 3gal. giant agapanthus (Nile lily), one blue, one white. The Natchez is one of the largest of the crape myrtles. Grows 20+ feet with a 15' spread...white blooms. I think I've planted about as much as I'm going to for the spring. I'll work on finishing up weeding this area and getting out enough mulch.

My sister gave me her old (looks new) lawn mower. It's a push mower and she got a self propelled. One of our drivers picked it up for me on Friday and delivered it here. One of the perk working where I do! Today I'll get a gas can (tax free) and give it a try. May have to call and have it cut & then just use it to maintain in between cuttings. It's been years since I've really mowed and this is a rather large yard, flat though.

Talked with Prentice for just a few minutes yesterday. He was in Tallahassee helping friends move to Apalachicola. Hope he'll be back soon. Talked with RM last Sunday. I don't hear their voices often enough!

It's only 6:15 am and Shirley is demanding to go outside. I'll close for now.

1 comment:

cmk said...

She made a mistake in the spelling of the drug--it is Boniva. Much info is on the internet about it.