Saturday, June 03, 2006

"They" say it's gonna rain!

With the 2006 hurricane season only 3 days old it's a fairly reasonable thing to say that it's going to rain, but I say "WHEN?"! We are over 10" in deficit in the annual rainfall for this area and it's awfully dry!

As we are only 30 miles or less from the Gulf it's a pretty good assumption that we'll be getting some sort of tropical stuff sooner or later. We had thunder last night...no rain. Actually it rained at work in the afternoon I don't think it was enough to amount to anything.

This was a short week at work yet it felt very long. Wouldn't it be nice to work two half days and three full days or just Monday, Wednesday and Friday or something. I think I'd be able to get by on the money, but the job wouldn't be happy. Guess I'll stick with my 37-40 hr. week! Thank goodness I have a job!

Still haven't gotten the mulch I need and earlier this week I thought about going to Thomasville today to get some. But, yesterday HWB sent me to Tallahassee in his truck to buy MDF and velvet for him and I found it harrowing and tiring to drive a strange vehicle in Tallahassee...and "they" are saying it's gonna storm today...pray they are right! I don't plan to leave the house (not even for the yard), I need to clean. I've found I can work and do the gardening or I can work and do the house. No way I can do both on the same weekend!

Am feeding another outside cat. Pretty, young black and white male who's built just like Goodness, long, tall and lean. I'm calling him Cameo as his back markings look rather like a cameo. Goodness loves him and he Goodness. Shirley chases him, but he's learning just how far he has to run before she does her backward flip when she reaches the end of her chain! It's a hoot to watch!

I HEAR THUNDER!!!

No comments: