Sunday, March 13, 2005

Mother

Yesterday I went to Tallahassee to try on a formal dess from Mother's closet. On the 14th of April there is going to be a rather grand gala honoring Bert and his long time partner for their years of medical practice. Mother is truely agog about this! The dress I tried on fit me, but I look like a sack of potatoes in it. Mother said that all I need to do is lose 10 pounds between now and the 14th and I'll look just fine.

We sat and talked for an hour or so after the "trying on"...really, I sat and listened, Mother talked. She had more pent up gossip in her than I could ever imagine! She might have burst had she not gotten it all out! I didn't even know most of the folks she was talking about, but it seemed to give her some relief to vent. I guess it helps all of us to have an ear to bend every now and then. (Thank you RM and Prent!!!!) After about an hour of this she got to the part she was really wanting to talk about (looking back on it). It seems she hasn't been feeling well lately and Bert actually took her to the emergency room last Thursday night. She has two damaged heart valves. She sees her main doctor on Monday afternoon and may know something then. I asked her was there anything she was supposed to do or not do...her answer, "no". I then asked what were they going to do about this and she said as far as she knows, nothing. I'll talk with her Monday after she sees her doctor and see if there are any other answers. She does have sleep apneia and is supposed to wear a breathing mask when she sleeps, but, it messes her hair up and leaves a mark on her face and she has to sleep on her back, etc., so she's not religious about wearing it. She said her doctor yelled at her the last time she was there about having to wear it every night. I did put in my two cents worth, too, but, I don't think it helped.

More on this when I know something.

Beautiful day today, but the rain comes in tomorrow for the week.

No comments: