Monday, March 14, 2005

Bad caller

For the past several months I've been getting 'phone calls from a young sounding Hispanic male. On one of the earliest calls I did ask who he was and he said Ricardo Fadell (the only reason I spell the last name that way is that is the only close spelling I can find in the local 'phone book). He called several times a day for a while, usually while I was at work and he'd leave word on my answering machine. I told him early on not to call, but it continued, so I called the non-emergency number of the sheriff's office. I had already tried hitting *69 only to have the recording say that the number was unavailable. So I told the girl at the sheriff's office this and was told that there was probably nothing that could be done, but to call back if he called again. Well, he did and I didn't. There were many calls left on the answering machine from what sounded like collection agencies for a Vanessa Fadell and many calls from him. Then one night at almost nine o'clock I got a call from a man asking for Vanessa or Ricardo. I said it was a wrong number and hung up. He called right back and said he was with Progress Energy and did I know anything about a service order with Progress Energy for a location on Waukeena Street in town. Of course I didn't. The calls continued for a while after, I'd hang up without saying anything whenever I was here and happened to answer...I usually listen to the recorder before I answer. Well, the calls stopped for several weeks and I sure felt better, then yesterday morning a little before noon the phone rang and I listened to the machine before answering (habits are hard to break) and it was a whispering male voice that said "I'm back". Scared me so bad that I couldn't catch my breath. I couldn't identify the voice. Last night around 8 He called. and again this morning at 7:45. I guess I should either go to the sheriff or call...I just hate to.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You need to take your answering machine to the police station and tell them what is going on and let them listen to the messages. That IS scary!!