Tuesday, February 15, 2005

Young neighbors

Now I'm aware that in order to get to the wise ol' ages that we have reached we all were in our early 20's at one time or another. But were we totally stupid too? My next door neighbor is in her early 20's.

We had rain all Sunday night and until around 3 yesterday afternoon...so last night aroud 9:00 my young neighbor and her boy friend built a BIG bonfire between our houses...wet wood...need I say more? MY house filled with smoke and the animals went absolutely nuts. It didn't help that I reassured them that it was nothing, they wanted OUT! For that matter, I kinda wanted out myself. To make matters worse, my neighbor and her boy friend proceded to drink beer and then decided to pull his van up to the fire with the sliding doors open and make whoopee and to drink beer and to play very LOUD noise that I'm sure passes for music in their world and to drink beer. Do you see where this is going? The whoopee turned into a very loud fight with van doors slamming and house doors slamming and van tires screeching and motors gunning and then blessed quiet in the smoke for about 15 minutes. Then damn it, he came back...young love. They sat arount the bonfire and yelled at each other, her octives rising as more beer went down. This lasted until after 11:00 when they both left in the red van. Happy Valentines day!

Went to the doctor yesterday for my initial visit. Hate doctors, even the good ones. This one seems to be a good one...liked him as far as doctors go. Showed him my leg and he biospied (sp?) it right then and there. I'll get results mid-week next week.

Mabel, our 80 year old receptionist, had us all to her house for a Valentine lunch yesterday. It was wonderful! Fried chicken, collard greens, creamed corn, green beans, macaroni and cheese, purple passion salad, potato salad, sweet tea, rolls and two desserts. Ate until I couldn't any more as did everyone! Still forced myself to have supper last night...no cobbler.

No comments: