Saturday, February 12, 2005

The grill

Today I went to Fred's and got a little covered grill for $19.99. Now this grill wasn't assembled, but I thought "how hard can that be, guys put them together all of the time". Well, let me tell you, it's not as easy as you may think! The directions said it would take an hour to assemble. This particular grill was made in China and there were a lot of references to assemble this part to resemble the picture.......tiny pictures, even with my glasses on. I put each and every nut, bolt, screw and washer in twice, once to resemble the picture and once correctly. There was a point when I was attaching the lid that I considered not attaching the damn thing, but then I had a little talk with myself and got it on. Not only does it open and close, but it fits! However, I don't think I'll be grilling out tonight...I'm pooped. Two hours to put an eighteen inch grill together is just entirely too long. Maybe I'll have greater respect now for the guys out there that put their grills together in an hour...then, maybe I won't!

While I was outside with the grill I got a call from the furniture store. My chair is in!!!!! They'll call Monday and make arrangements for delivery! Yeah!!!!!!!

Went to the vets office this morning and got worming pills for the 'mules...Got Shirley's down her with no problem, however, I'm scratched all over both hands and arms from Mercy and never did get hers in her. I tried twice, don't know what to do now. Never even tried to give Goodness his...he kept running full out every time I approached him!

Beautiful day, 60's.

I think Prentice may come stay with me for a week and change some locks and do a few other little things for me. That'll be nice!

No comments: