Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Grocery shopping

I finally had to break down and go to the grocery store, but was quite pleased with the outcome. I found some great bargains and did pretty well. For a total of $30.15 I got: 4 cans of cat food, a box of Milk Bone Dog Biscuits (.35 off coupon), Chicken Jerky Dog Treats, a Bag of Dole Classic Romaine Salad ($1.00 off coupon), a tub of watermelon chunks, 1 red onion, a large baking potato, 1 lime, 2 packages of chicken thighs (buy one get one free), 3 flatiron steaks ($3.00 off in-store coupon), a bag/block of coffee and a 12-pack of 1/2 liter bottles of water! Then I went to the farmers market and for $1.86 I got: a pretty tomato, a head of cabbage, an eggplant and a large head of garlic! Not bad for a total of $32.01! Unfortunately I went from work and didn't have my list with me and I did forget a few things, but I figure that tomorrow I'll spend less than $5.00 and get the items I missed, so I'm breathing a little easier about money this month, even though I still have the car insurance and car tag along with the electric and cable bills to pay, I may just make it after all.

My next door neighbor (88 years old) tripped over her cat in her garage and fell. Thank goodness she didn't break anything, but she did have a concussion and badly bruised her lower back...you just never know! Watch out for those animals! They cost you money and just might trip you up!

I talked to the boss today about the big project I finished last week and he agreed that I should add the time I spent at home on my computer doing research to my time card this week. Whew! That'll help a little even though it's only 7 hours I added (I probably spent a little more, but I was enjoying it!).

Over the weekend I pruned my loropetelums and some of my Knock Out Roses. Well, it seems I got a rose thorn stuck in my arm. I thought I had gotten it all out, but now it's festering. I don't see anything in it, nor do I feel anything, but it's swollen and gooey. Ick!

No comments: