Friday, July 10, 2009

And life goes on...

It seems that we are going from feast to famine and back again weather-wise here. For 8 or 9 days in a row we had temps in the 100s and no rain, now we've had 7-8 days in a row of rain and temps in the 80s. I, of course, much prefer the rain and cooler weather and luckily we have a few more days of this sort of weather in the forecast, but then it's back into the 90+ stuff. It is, after all, summer!

Tuesday I had the migraine from hell. Here it is Friday and I can still feel the residuals.

Last night my cable tv went out around 11pm. I waited for about 20 minutes and when it didn't automaticly come back on I called Comcast. They said they'll fit me in sometime today...couldn't say when, just that they'd fit me in. So this morning when it got light enough I walked around the house to where all of the utilities feed into the house and nothing looked unusual, but when I walked out to get the neighbor's old dog out of the road I saw that the tall green round box thing out by the power pole was opened. In fact the entire top is off and sitting to the side. I'm wondering if someone hit it or something, though there are no skid marks in the grass or anything. Leah Jane said she bets someone cut the cable (hers didn't go off). Now why would someone do something like that? I hope it's fixed today, "What Not To Wear" is on tonight! I did get to see the season premiere of "Big Brother" last night, thank goodness!

Last Thursday I took Jazzy to a groomer for a "make-over"! She looks wonderful! Sue gave her a Schnauzer (is that right?) clip and she looks like a new dog! As soon as my ss check comes in I'll get some film and try to post a picture. She's just adorable!

I've been searching the internet for goat meat recipes. I found one that reads yummily for Caribbean curried goat stew and I'm thinking that I'll take the goat stew meat out of the freezer and start the stew tomorrow.

I'm meeting my sister tomorrow morning for breakfast and then we'll go see mother. We both have a 20 percent off coupon for our breakfasts!

No comments: