Sunday, July 05, 2009

Catching up

Ruth's funeral was yesterday. It was a 10am graveside service and it seemed the entire town was there! The service was lovely, and one of the local veterinarians (he tended all of Ruth's dogs) played guitar and sang "How Great Thou Art". Even though it was awfully hot and muggy, everyone stayed for the entire hour and a half. There was a luncheon reception at the First Baptist Church and Leah Jane and I went, but didn't stay to eat. They seemed to have a good turn out.

Last night Norma had Leah Jane, Gloria and me over for hamburgers. It was a rather sad little group and the main topic of conversation, of course, was Ruth. I'm afraid I got a bit into my cups and fussed at Leah Jane about her Vicodin use (along with alcohol), I know I shouldn't have done that, but she's shrinking up and seeming to die before my very eyes. I don't know what to do, I care very much about her and hate to see this happening. She may never speak to me again...I don't know what to do.

Happy 5th of July.

No comments: