Thursday, July 23, 2009

It's over for now...

Mercy the cat.

Our wonderful streak of record-smashing cool weather has come to an end. Our week of early mornings in the low 60s sure spoiled me and now I'm anticipating Fall more than ever! We even held to the mid 80s for daytime temps.!

I'm having lunch today with two friends from high school, Ann & Robert. Even though Ann moved back home (from Asheville, NC) shortly after I did, we don't see each other often. Every time we get together we swear to do it more often, but lives have a way of creating their own circles and ours only overlap on occasion. Robert is back in town visiting his mother and enjoying the escape of the major heat wave that Texas is having. Sure am looking forward to lunch!

I finished a project at work yesterday that I've been working on for 3-4 weeks. It was such a relief to finish, but also a let down. I've been researching the Shenandoah Valley area, topography, weather, soil composition, population, etc. I've enjoyed the search so much, learned quite a bit and can't help but wonder what my next assignment may be. I hope it's as interesting as this one was!

No comments: